Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great dip served warm from a hollowed out round loaf of pumpernickel bread. This is from Taste of Home, submitted by Linda Doll of Alberta, Canada. I have served this at many parties and have given out the recipe a number of times.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can baby shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1⁄2 cup cooked shrimp
- 3⁄4 cup imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread, round or 1 loaf Italian bread
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the bread.
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread and hollow out leaving a 1/2" shell.
- Cube the bread that you have removed making it large enough to dip with. Set aside.
- Fill the bread shell with the seafood mixture.
- Place on a layer of heavy duty foil and wrap tightly to seal.
- Place on a sheet pan and bake on middle rack of oven at 325F for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake 20 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and the spread is heated through.
- Serve with bread sticks, crackers, vegetables and reserved bread cubes.
- It is not recommended that you use fat-free mayonnaise or cream cheese, however, I have used light cream cheese and it turned out fine.