mums the word's Note:
A great dip served warm from a hollowed out round loaf of pumpernickel bread. This is from Taste of Home, submitted by Linda Doll of Alberta, Canada. I have served this at many parties and have given out the recipe a number of times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) can baby shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1/2 cup cooked shrimp
- 3/4 cup imitation crabmeat
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread, round or 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the bread.
- 2Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread and hollow out leaving a 1/2" shell.
- 3Cube the bread that you have removed making it large enough to dip with. Set aside.
- 4Fill the bread shell with the seafood mixture.
- 5Place on a layer of heavy duty foil and wrap tightly to seal.
- 6Place on a sheet pan and bake on middle rack of oven at 325F for 25 minutes.
- 7Remove foil, bake 20 minutes longer or until the crust is golden and the spread is heated through.
- 8Serve with bread sticks, crackers, vegetables and reserved bread cubes.
- 9It is not recommended that you use fat-free mayonnaise or cream cheese, however, I have used light cream cheese and it turned out fine.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Seafood Spread
Serving Size: 1 (1510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1042.6
- Calories from Fat 578
- Total Fat 64.3 g
- Saturated Fat 29.0 g
- Cholesterol 209.6 mg
- Sodium 2220.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 42.8 g