Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very rich, creamy seafood casserole
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 cups half-and-half
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 lb crabmeat (preferably fresh, not canned)
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, shelled
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- Melt 9 T. butter in saucepan.
- Blend in flour and cook over low heat a few
- minutes, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Gradually stir in half & half, stirring constantly until it bubbles. Simmer 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, saute onions in 3 T. butter until soft, adding scallops for last 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove onions and scallops from pan and saute mushrooms for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Combine cooked ingredients and cream sauce.
- Stir in cooked shrimp, crabmeat and sherry.
- Spoon into a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees until bubbly - about 10 - 15 minutes.
- This can be served over pasta, but I think its divine on its own.