Paella Pete's Note:
A hot sauce that you can use for dipping or adding heat to food. Quick and easy to make this slightly sweet and sour sauce has rich mango flavour and bite with chilli peppers and mustard. Very hot, very tasty - has superb flavour as well as heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Carefully wash the scotch bonnet pepper and remove the stalks. Be careful not to rub your eyes!
- 2Peel the mango and remove seed.
- 3Steam the chillies for 6 minutes then place into blender with all other ingredients and blend well.
- 4If the sauce looks a little too thick for you liking add a little more white wine vinegar.
- 5After blending transfer into a small saucepan bring to boil and simmer gently for 7 to 8 minutes.
- 6Transfer the sauce into sterilised container and seal.
- 7Should keep for a few months in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Scotch Bonnet Chile Pepper and Mango Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1766.3
- Calories from Fat 396
- Total Fat 44.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3371.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 329.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 43.9 g
- Sugars 239.1 g
- Protein 52.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar
ground star anise