Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A hot sauce that you can use for dipping or adding heat to food. Quick and easy to make this slightly sweet and sour sauce has rich mango flavour and bite with chilli peppers and mustard. Very hot, very tasty - has superb flavour as well as heat.
- Carefully wash the scotch bonnet pepper and remove the stalks. Be careful not to rub your eyes!
- Peel the mango and remove seed.
- Steam the chillies for 6 minutes then place into blender with all other ingredients and blend well.
- If the sauce looks a little too thick for you liking add a little more white wine vinegar.
- After blending transfer into a small saucepan bring to boil and simmer gently for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce into sterilised container and seal.
- Should keep for a few months in the fridge.
I made this and substituted the scotch bonnets for Boonie peppers from Guam and it turned out terrific. I liked the mustard/curry flavor and have used it on quite a few things.