Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick and Easy and oh, so yummy. Perfect hot beveridge for a snowy day.
- 8 ounces whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 32 ounces hot cocoa
- 4 ounces peppermint schnapps
- cocktail cherries
- Beat whipping cream, while adding sugar slowly, until it forms peaks.
- Set aside.
- Prepare hot chocolate according to directions.
- Add peppermint schnapps and stir.
- Pour into individual glasses or mugs and top with whipped cream and a cherry.
- Other ideas: serve with a peppermint stick; sprinkle whipping cream with cocoa or candied sprinkles; decorate whipping cream with a few gold sprinkles for a festive look.
I made just one serving for myself and cheated and used canned whipped cream for the topping but it was still really good! Very strong on the alcohol, but that's not a bad thing sometimes.