Top Tweak by Judy J.
3/4 c. mayo, 3/4 c. sour cream, no boiled eggs and Gray Poupon mustard and only 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic. (The cream of mushroom with roasted garlic is the greatest soup Campbell's has created in eons)!!
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (I use low fat)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) bag potato chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds (I omit this)
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed (I sometimes use leftover chicken or turkey)
- 2 cups celery, diced (I omit this and use a little celery seed instead)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 -2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (This is my addition)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly butter a 13x9 pan. Stir together the soup, mayonaisse, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a medium bowl, reserve 1 cup of the potato chips and 2 tablespoons of the almonds for the topping.
- Place half of the remaining potato chips in the casserole spreading them evenly.
- Place half each of the chicken, celery, onion, eggs, and remaining almonds in the casserole, then spread half of the soup mixture on top.
- Repeat the layers, ending with the reserved potato chips and almonds. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until heated through.