Sam's Mom's Note:
These are a hit at our house when the hubby is frying hot wings for our guests. They fry up crispy and only take a few minutes in the hot oil. It will keep your guests satisfied till the wings are done. You can make them up a couple hours in advance and keep in frig covered in saran with a damp dish towl over that. I lay mine out on a cookie sheet pan. Hope you enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown sausage, bell pepper and onion. Crumble sausage into small pieces.
- 2Add garlic and cook a couple minutes so it doesn't burn.
- 3Drain any grease from sausage onto paper towels.
- 4Return sausage to warm skillet and add Cheese Whiz. Stir till the cheese incorporates into sausage.
- 5At this point the mixture can be refrigerated till next day.
- 6Cool sausage and and turn on your deep fryer. Set temp to what you would fry french fries inches.
- 7Lay wonton wrappers out on counter. Put a teaspoon of filling on each one, moisten edge of wrapper with water (this is your 'glue') and fold one end over to make a triangle and seal.
- 8I lay mine on a cookie sheet lined with plastic wrap.
- 9You need to work sort of quickly so the wontons don't dry out. Cover with another layer of plastic wrap and a damp dish towel to keep them moist and sealed up.
- 10When all assembled, fry a few at a time in your hot oil for 2-3 minutes. All you need to do is crisp up the wonton and heat filling because the sausage is already cooked.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Sausage Wontons
Serving Size: 1 (1412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3684.2
- Calories from Fat 1989
- Total Fat 221.0 g
- Saturated Fat 100.3 g
- Cholesterol 697.7 mg
- Sodium 12274.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 252.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 158.4 g