Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Recipe thrown together on a cold Winter's day! Number of servings is a guess! To make this more of a soup, add more broth and half and half --
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 226.79 g baby portabella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 4.92-9.85 ml garlic (minced)
- 0.5 ml fennel seeds (optional)
- 0.29 ml italian seasoning
- 453.59 g hot Italian sausage (or mild if you prefer)
- 118.29 ml white wine (I used Vermouth)
- 226.79 g tomato sauce
- 411.06 g beef broth
- 396.89 g green beans (drained)
- 538.64 g frozen cheese-filled tortellini
- 113.39 g half-and-half
- parmesan cheese (to garnish)
- flat leaf parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In the olive oil, in a large iron skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion for 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic, fennel seed, and Italian seasoning ~ saute another minute. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Brown Italian sausage; blot with paper towels if you see excess fat.
- Return mushroom mixture to pan; add white wine, tomato sauce, beef broth and green beans. Bring back to heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add frozen tortellini, COVER and simmer about 10-12 minutes, or until thawed and heated thoroughly.
- Add half and half; simmer 2-3 minutes more until heated through.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and flat leaf parsley.