Recipe by MarieRynr
Potatoes, beans sausage and cheese, who could ask for more. It's savoury, spicy and slightly sweet all at the same time. One of my DH's favourites and easy to throw together. Delicious!!!
Top Review by Fluffy
This was delicious. I assembled it the night before and just had to heat it in the oven the next day. I used English bangers because I had some hanging around in the freezer. The next time I will try it with the smoked sausage. Thanks for a great recipe MarieAlice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 potatoes, cookd,peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 lb spicy smoked pork sausage link, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups baked beans
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C).
- In a medum skillet, heat 1 TBS of the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the onion, oregano, parsley, salt and peppr.
- Cook for 1 minute and remove from the heat.
- Grease the bottom of an 8X8X2inch baking dish with the remaining TBS olive oil.
- On this layer the cubed cooked potatoes.
- Top the potatoes with the onion mixture.
- On the onion mixture, evenly distribute the sliced hot links.
- Ina small bowl, combine the brown sugar, baked beans and the barbecue sauce.
- Pour this evenly over the sausage.
- Top with the shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes.
- Serves 4.