Recipe by dbihlman
My husband loves this dip on Football Sundays and it is so easy to make. You can make it as spicy or mild as you like. I have taken this dip to several gatherings and always get asked for the recipe. At first glance, you wonder what it is, but once tasted, you go back for more and more!
Top Review by Mommy2two
Yummy! I made this from memory, and forgot that it was *2* packages of cream cheese (because my memory is shot...). It was still great with just one. I used medium sausage and salsa. It was perfect for our wimpy tastebuds. I also didn't bother to mix it up with the mixer, I heated the cheese and salsa and then dumped it into my mini crock pot. I added the drained sausage, and let it get nice and warm. About 30-45 minutes later, I stirred it up and served with tortilla chips--tasty!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, heat of your choice (I prefer Chi Chi's Hot)
- 1 lb sausage (I prefer Jimmy Dean's Hot Sausage)
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown Sausage and drain grease.
- With electric mixer, combine cream cheese and salsa.
- Add browned sausage to cream cheese mixture.
- Microwave until warm.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Tips: I use a glass casserole dish so your sausage doesn't ruin your tupperware container when warming in microwave.
- If taking this dip to a gathering, it stays nice in a crock pot on low setting.