Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mom got this recipe from someone giving out samples at her grocery store. I LOVE it and so does my husband. It's a great way to sneak spinach into his meals :-) I'll post the recipe in full, although I never add the ricotta, because no one in my family likes it.
- 1⁄2-1 lb egg noodles
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach (thawed and with water squeezed out)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 egg
- 1 lb low-fat ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook noodles for 5-7 minutes. Drain noodles.
- Cut sausages into bite-size pieces. Sautee onion and sausage in skillet until brown (about 5-7 minutes). Remove sausage and onion and get rid of drippings.
- Stir together noodles, onion, sausage, spinach, mushroom soup, garlic, tarragon, and marjoram.
- Transfer to buttered casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Combine egg and ricotta in bowl and mix with noodle mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Sorry... this was just okay. I made the recipe exactly as written including the ricotta and it simply had no flavor (other than the sausage). If you got a bite without sausage, it just didn't have any taste. We ate it and it wasn't terrible, but I won't make it again. Too bland for our family.