Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Appetizer made with biscuit mix, sausage and cheese.
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage or 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 cups biscuit mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Cook sausage, breaking up with a fork, until no longer pink.
- Drain and cool completely.
- Combine the cheese, sausage, baking mix and water.
- Mix with fork just until blended.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet. Bake at 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes. Makes 100 puffs.
This is my exact recipe. I'm a wimp so I use mild sausage. I also roll larger than 1 inch so they're "puffier" and more biscuit-like. It's amazing how many similar recipes everyone has but they still ask me for mine whenever I bring to work or parties.