1/4 Photos of Hot Santa Fe Chicken
This recipe was given to me by a friend whose parents live in New Mexico. She had this when she went to visit them, then served it to me when I came over for dinner. I fell in love with the heat and the taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar or 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (10 ounce) bag corn chips
- 1Season the chicken breast cubes with 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- 2In a largish skillet, heat the oil over high heat.
- 3Add the chicken and cook, stirring often until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 4Remove to a plate.
- 5In the same skillet, cook the onion over medium high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until just soft.
- 6Add the chicken broth and rice.
- 7Heat to boiling over high heat.
- 8Stir and reduce the heat to low.
- 9Cover and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- 10Stir in the corn and the pinto beans.
- 11Simmer, covered, for about 5 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat.
- 13Stir in the chicken, scallions, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, vinegar and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- 14Serve immediately with corn chips alongside.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Santa Fe Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.4
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 949.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 20.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
quick-cooking brown rice