Recipe by kraziegirl24
My sister gave me this receipe that she has been making for years and I just love it!
Top Review by mama smurf
Cut the recipe in half and the only change I made was to use fresh garlic. This was simple and really quite good. Next time I might use lime for the vinegar though. Made for New Kids on the Block tag game.
- 1⁄4 cup distilled vinegar
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper
- 1 pinch cilantro (fresh is best)
- 1 onion
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. add vinegar, peppers, onion and cilantro to blender and pulse until evenly chopped.
- 2. add whole tomato cans and repeat pulse until well blended (do not set to blend, it will become too "saucy").
- 3. add seasonings and salt until all tomato bitterness has been removed.
- 4. refrigerate for 1 hour and serve.