Recipe by akcooker
My mother-in-law served these during holidays when we were tired of cooking, and needed something easy to make. My husband and I have even made these ahead of time while traveling by car, and put them in the engine compartment to melt the cheese. We just took them out when we got to a rest stop and had hot sandwiches!
Top Review by Catte Nappe
This was easy, tasty, and well received by DH. Instead of barbecue sauce I used a prepared pizza sauce, and provolone cheese. Served it with a canned minestrone soup; and some fresh fruit as a salad/dessert. Good for one of those days when, for whatever reason, serious cooking is not on the agenda.
- 4 hamburger buns
- 8 slices hard salami
- 4 slices American cheese or 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices onions (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Layer bottom of hamburger buns with salami, cheese, onion (if using).
- Spread barbecue sauce on top half of bun, and cover rest of sandwich.
- Wrap each sandwich in aluminum foil and bake in preheated 400 degree oven until cheese melts; about 5-10 minutes.
- May wrap sandwiches in paper toweling and microwave on half power until cheese melts, if desired.