Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a stroganoff with a slight twist. Don't be too afraid of using hot salami as the sour cream does take a lot of the bite out of it
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g shaved hot salami, sliced
- 500 g chicken strips
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 250 g sour cream
- ground pepper
- Saute onions and garlic in a large frypan until brown. Add mushrooms and salami to the pan with the chicken strips.
- Cook for 6-8 mins and add tomato paste, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and stir in sour cream, simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Season with ground pepper and serve over rice or noodles.
My whole family love this recipe. I added some hot pepper sauce which just pepped it up for me. My kids aren't great lovers of green veg, so adding a cup of peas to the dish was perfect way to get them to eat some! and it added some colour. I have served this with Farfalle pasta and egg noodles, both worked well, but the noodles got the thumbs up from my brood!<br/>So if you want something tasty that is quick and easy to prepare, you really cant go wrong with this dish!
I had a oops moment as a 2 legged gremlin had eaten all the hot salami so had to use a 125 grams of pepperoni which added a very interesting taste to the chicken and overall was really enjoyed and once you have everything prepared you can have the dish and the pasta cooked in the same time frame making it a very quick dish (I also steamed some vegies to go on the side). thank you very much **Mandy**, made for Name that Ingredient tag game.
I made a half recipe of this for the two of us (although I still used a whole onion and clove of garlic) This is super quick, super tasty and very rich. We thought it was fantastic and will be making it again soon (but maybe using pork fillet next time for variety).