Recipe by **Mandy**
This is a stroganoff with a slight twist. Don't be too afraid of using hot salami as the sour cream does take a lot of the bite out of it
Top Review by Lawrie H.
My whole family love this recipe. I added some hot pepper sauce which just pepped it up for me. My kids aren't great lovers of green veg, so adding a cup of peas to the dish was perfect way to get them to eat some! and it added some colour. I have served this with Farfalle pasta and egg noodles, both worked well, but the noodles got the thumbs up from my brood!<br/>So if you want something tasty that is quick and easy to prepare, you really cant go wrong with this dish!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g shaved hot salami, sliced
- 500 g chicken strips
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 250 g sour cream
- ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and garlic in a large frypan until brown. Add mushrooms and salami to the pan with the chicken strips.
- Cook for 6-8 mins and add tomato paste, simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to low and stir in sour cream, simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Season with ground pepper and serve over rice or noodles.