Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was from the Take 5 magazine and we found it was a nice change from garlic bread. I actually used 2 short french sticks.
- 2 French baguettes (short bread sticks or 1 long)
- 125 g butter
- 60 g salami (hot, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Combine, butter, salami, tomato pesto, parsley and parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix well.
- Slice baguette/s into approximately 1.5cm slices, but don't cut all the way through.
- Spread salami butter in between slices and then wrap baguette/s in foil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- OR if preferred place the foil wrapped baquette/s on a heated barbecue place for about 20 minutes, turning often until heated through.
This was very good! I didn't have parsley so i used fresh oregano instead. Also, i added a garlic clove. I took Andi's advice and blended everythin in a food proccessor to make it into more of a spread. I cut the baguette in half lengthwise and served pizza bread style for dinner with a larger vegetable side dish. Great meal! Thank you Pat. Made for Potluck tag.
To make a smaller serving size I made a deconstructed version. I did omit the butter. I combined all ingredients and placed on sliced whole grain ciabatta bread and then just toasted in the toaster oven. These made great appetizers. Actually thought the whole grain texture (had sunflower seeds, etc inside) of the bread added a lot to the dish.
I think these were different but wonderful! They have great flavor. I added some mozzarella cheese on top. It is similar to pizza, too. My youngest son just loved these because he loves salami. I did omit the pesto on his, though. Thanks for sharing!