Recipe by I'mPat
This was from the Take 5 magazine and we found it was a nice change from garlic bread. I actually used 2 short french sticks.
Top Review by KellyMac6
This was very good! I didn't have parsley so i used fresh oregano instead. Also, i added a garlic clove. I took Andi's advice and blended everythin in a food proccessor to make it into more of a spread. I cut the baguette in half lengthwise and served pizza bread style for dinner with a larger vegetable side dish. Great meal! Thank you Pat. Made for Potluck tag.
- 2 French baguettes (short bread sticks or 1 long)
- 125 g butter
- 60 g salami (hot, finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius.
- Combine, butter, salami, tomato pesto, parsley and parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix well.
- Slice baguette/s into approximately 1.5cm slices, but don't cut all the way through.
- Spread salami butter in between slices and then wrap baguette/s in foil.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- OR if preferred place the foil wrapped baquette/s on a heated barbecue place for about 20 minutes, turning often until heated through.