Recipe by Lalaloob
An impressive and spectacular souffle. Challenging, no doubt. Must be served immediately.
- 2 ounces baking chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons dark jamaica rum
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a 1 1/2 quart souffle dish by buttering and sugaring the dish and the top third of a paper collar**.
- Melt chocolate in 1/2 cup milk. Add remaining milk. Melt butter and stir in flour and sugar. Add hot chocolate mixture gradually and stir over a low heat until the mixture starts to boil. Remove from the heat. Add rum.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the chocolate mixture. Add remainder of chocolate mixture.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites taking care not to overmix.
- Bake in a prepared souffle dish at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Dust heavily with sifted confectioner's sugar and serve immediately with whipped cream.
- **SOUFFLE DISH.
- To prepare your souffle dish: Butter the souffle dish and sprinkle sugar all around the bottom and sides. Tear off a piece of wax paper large enough to encircle the dish and allow a 2" overlap. Tie it around the outside of the dish with a piece of string. Fold the paper in half length ways. Butter and sprinkle the top third of the paper with sugar.