Prep 45 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried pink beans
- 1 lb smoked pork
- 2 cups white onions, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeds removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup lentils
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 k.c. masterpiece barbecue sauce
- Saute onions in a large cast iron pot until brown.
- Next add the garlic and jalapenos and saute a couple of minutes.
- Next add the ketchup, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir into bean/pork mixture thoroughly.
- Add enough water to make the beans liquidly and easy to stir.
- Place pot in oven and cook until beans become desirable.