Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just in time for holiday leftovers!
- 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavor stuffing mix or 1 (6 ounce) package turkey stuffing mix
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- 1 lb cooked turkey breast, sliced
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups turkey gravy (jarred or homemade) or 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken gravy, heated (jarred or homemade)
- PREPARE stuffing mix as directed on package, using only 3 tablespoons butter or margarine. Set aside.
- PLACE 1 toast slice on each of six individual plates. Top evenly with turkey, stuffing and gravy.
- MICROWAVE to reheat, if desired. Microwave, one serving at a time, on HIGH 30 sec. or just until warmed.
I scaled this down for two, then added the stuffing mix, cooked turkey and gravy to two slices of bread, topped with two more slices of bread and cooked them in my sandwich-maker. Very tasty. Made for Gimme 5.
Hello Karen =^-^=, hope I got it right! What I didn't get right was that I forgot to post a review three months ago - we had a dinner for a resident (who was in very bad shape!) & he requested a Thanksgiving meal - it was delicous as was your sandwhich, the day after. I did add cranberry sauce and it was awesome! They taste even better when it isn't the season! I used homemade stuffing & garvy and it was delicious, thanks for posting, Diane :)
I think this is better than the original turkey dinner, and I serve it with cranberry sauce and whatever fresh veg I have on hand. Really delicious. Like bmcnichol, I omit the bread slices because, let's face it, stuffing IS bread!