1/1 Photo of Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches & Gravy
8 hrs 5 mins
This is a copycat version of a dish served by a local diner in central Pennsylvania. My mom & dad used to always go there specifically to order this meal, until my mom finally nailed the recipe. It has quickly become a family favorite and a regular meal that I have to make for DH... This gravy is very flavorful and especially delicious over shoestring french fries!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place beef roast, water, dry onion soup mix and as much salt/pepper as desired in crock pot and cook on low for 9-10 hours.
- 2Whisk flour and water together for gravy until smooth and set aside.
- 3When roast is tender and done, pour broth into a saucepan and bring to boil on stove top.
- 4Add 2 beef bouillon cubes and Gravymaster to boiling broth.
- 5Then add flour and water mixture to boiling broth until desired consistency is reached for your gravy.
- 6Cut up beef roast and arrange pieces between two slices of bread.
- 7Smother sandwich (and french fries) with gravy and ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Roast Beef Sandwiches & Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.6
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 225.1 mg
- Sodium 1516.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 81.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: