This is a copycat version of a dish served by a local diner in central Pennsylvania. My mom & dad used to always go there specifically to order this meal, until my mom finally nailed the recipe. It has quickly become a family favorite and a regular meal that I have to make for DH... This gravy is very flavorful and especially delicious over shoestring french fries!
- Place beef roast, water, dry onion soup mix and as much salt/pepper as desired in crock pot and cook on low for 9-10 hours.
- Whisk flour and water together for gravy until smooth and set aside.
- When roast is tender and done, pour broth into a saucepan and bring to boil on stove top.
- Add 2 beef bouillon cubes and Gravymaster to boiling broth.
- Then add flour and water mixture to boiling broth until desired consistency is reached for your gravy.
- Cut up beef roast and arrange pieces between two slices of bread.
- Smother sandwich (and french fries) with gravy and ENJOY!