Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hot roast beef, mature cheddar cheese, and a buttery horseradish-dijon sauce combine for this delectable baked sandwich combination that is served on soft Kaiser rolls!! A classic! Perfect for luncheons or entertaining, or packed into picnic lunches; great served warm, or at room temperature. Use as much roast beef and cheddar cheese as you like! Sandwiches are easily made up in advance and individually wrapped in foil, then refrigerated or frozen (use a freezer bag) for later use. Defrost overnight in the fridge, then bake as directed. Or, if frozen, bake at 300 F for about 1/2 hour until warm. Enjoy!
- 6 soft kaiser rolls, split
- 1⁄2 cup butter, very soft
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, to taste
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped white onions
- 12 thin slices deli roast beef (or Versatile Roast Beef in the Crock Pot)
- 6 slices Mature cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, Dijon, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, and chopped onion.
- Spread generously onto both (inner) sides of the split kaiser rolls.
- Place two slices of roast beef and one slice of cheddar cheese into each kaiser roll, and replace tops.
- Wrap each sandwich in a square of foil, sealing carefully. At this point sandwiches may be baked right away, or refrigerate or freeze (use a freezer bag) for later use.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 15-20 minutes, until hot. If frozen, bake at 300 F for about 25-30 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve hot, or at room temperature. Good with a side of soup or salad, with fresh fruit for dessert.