Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
this is as easy as it gets...you just assemble it after a quick stop on the way home... PERFECT for going over to a friend's house after work OR for having people over on spur of the moment - to get corned beef sliced at the grocery deli,a can of sauerkraut, packaged shredded swiss cheese and a package of sliced party rye and jar of 1000 Island dressing -
- 1 lb thin-sliced lean corned beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) packageof shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) jar thousand island dressing
- 1 loaf of bite-sized miniature party rye rounds
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄8 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon milk, SILK or 1 tablespoon water, to thin if necessary
- Place a thick layer of corned beef in a casserole.
- Place a thin layer of suaerkraut on top of beef.
- Top with shredded Swiss cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 OR broil far from heat source until cheese is melted.
- Spoon onto party rye.
- Top with a very small dollop of 1000 Island dressing.