Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Serve with rye bagel chips or toasted pieces of rye bread. The recipes calls for Bavarian Sauerkraut, the recipe can be found here (Bavarian Sauerkraut). Or just use sauerkraut that has been rinsed and drained.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 16 ounces bavarian sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 (2 1/2 ounce) packagesdried corned beef (from the deli) or 10 ounces corned beef, finely chopped (from the deli)
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Combine all ingredients in a 2 1/2 quart casserole and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes.
Tastes just like a Reuben. I used thin sliced deli-style corned beef and served it with toasted seeded rye bread pieces, similar to bagel chips. The only change was I used 1/2 cup mayo and 1/2 cup sandwich spread. The pickles in the spread added another layer of flavor that made it, in my opinion, taste more like a Reuben with Thousand Island dressing. Thanks for sharing. I found another winner!