Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This dip is different and so good.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese (6 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- 4 ounces shaved deli corned beef, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup drained sauerkraut
- rye cocktail bread or cracker
- Heat oven to 400.
- Mix cream cheese, 1 cup swiss cheese, dressing and corned beef.
- Spread in pie plate or quiche dish.
- Top with sauerkraut and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
- Serve hot with cocktail rye bread or crackers.
I make this every year for a Christmas get together with extended family I double it, leave out the dressing(only because I don't care for it) , serve with good crackers & I make it in the microwave... so simple and never have any left.
This was a last minute add for our Superbowl party this year. As a HUGE fan of reubens I couldn't resist giving it a try. It was pretty good. It agree that it definitely tasted like a reuben, but I think it got lost in the myriad of other fantastic dishes, that read like a greatest hits of 'zaar party recipes. Therefore, it was not gobbled up like many others were. I will try it again without so much competition to see how it fares a little more on its own, because I really do love reubens.
Made this last night and it really does taste like a reuben sandwich! Very easy to make. I will definitely make this again. Thanks Bert!