Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted by request. From Latin American Cooking, a treasury of recipes from the South American countries, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- 2 hot red chili peppers, seeded and cut into pieces
- 2 cups canned whole tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Combine the chilies, tomatoes, onions, garlic, coriander and sugar in an electric blender and blend until smooth.
- Add salt, vinegar and parsley.
- Serve hot or cold with chicken, fried eggs, tomatoes or tacos.
- (or enchiladas?).
Very nice sauce/salsa (and so easy to make). My hubby ate most of it by himself! lol Made for ZWT4.
Good recipe for when you want salsa but don't have all the fresh ingredients you want. Quite a hot salsa - worth taste testing before you add the 2nd chili if you have small children.