Recipe by Normaone
This recipe originated in the caribbean. It is not for the meek. Be careful handling the peppers. Wear rubber gloves and keep your hands away from your eyes! Move over Tobasco!
- 24 small hot red peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine hot peppers, onions and garlic in the bowl of a food processor or blender and puree.
- Add dry mustard, salt, cloves and vinegar and combine.
- Transfer to a small nonaluminum saucepan and simmer over medium low heat 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour into warm sterilized jars and seal.