Recipe by Dominique353
A great alternative to oatmeal in the morning, quinoa's protein is of an unusually high quality. It is a complete protein, with an essential amino acid balance close to the ideal. So it makes the perfect breakfast food! I got the idea for this dish from: http://www.celiacteen.com/2010/chai-infused-quinoa-flakes/
Top Review by Debbwl
A nice change of pace with delightful fall flavors! Made this nice healthy cereal using the fallowing options 1% milk, maple syrup, dried apples, and walnuts, yep that combo tasted just like fall while warming up the tummy. Thanks for the post.
- 1⁄3 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup almond milk or 1 cup rice milk or 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon maple syrup or 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1⁄4 cup dried fruit
- 2 tablespoons nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine quinoa flakes with liquid of your choice in a 2 - 2 1/2 cup microwaveable bowl -- I used a combination of rice milk and coconut milk the first time I made this.
- Microwave for 2 1/2 mins watching closely so it doesn't boil over. Use a larger bowl if you want to avoid a potential mess.
- Add in dried fruit, nuts, and sweetener (honey, agave nectar, maple syrup, sugar).
- Let stand for a few minutes or until it's at a temperature you can comfortably consume it without burning your mouth!