Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Quinoa makes a great gluten free hot breakfast /porridge. 5 to 10 minutes and it is ready.
Make and share this Hot Quinoa Breakfast With Fruits recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced apple
- 1⁄3 cup raisins or 1⁄3 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Rinse the quinoa in water using a strainer, as you would was rice.
- Add the quinoa to the water in a medium sized saucepan. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and gentley simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the apples, raisins and cinnamon. Simmer until the water has absorbed.
- Serve with milk of your choice and sweeten with honey/rice syrup if desired.
Pretty bland. I definitely recommend adding a bit of sweetener.
We made this for breakfast after our weekend run. I had a cup of cooked quinoa left over from earlier in the week, so I cooked up 1/3c oats in 2/3 c water with half a chopped apple for each of us, then added 1/2 cup cooked quinoa. Spiced it up with some cinnamon, honey, dried chopped figs and fresh blueberries, plus a splash of milk. Will do this more often!
This is a great hearty and healthy breakfast treat! I halved the recipe and it made more than enough for a breakfast for one. I served with a little brown sugar and that sweet touch was great with the nutty quinoa. Thanks for sharing your recipe!