Recipe by jonesies
Taken from the Rachael Ray magazine. Please not original recipe called for jalapeno chile, however the finicky computer does not like that ingredient.
- 7 potatoes, yellow such a yukon gold (small)
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons low-fat yogurt (plain)
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, finely minced and pickled
- chili powder, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer until fork-tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan of boiling water, cook the broccoli until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Finely chop the broccoli and place in a medium bowl.
- Slice 6 potatoes in half, scoop out half the flesh from each piece and add to the broccoli.
- Peel and finely chop the remaining potatoe and add to the mixture.
- Add the cheese, 2 tbsp yogurt and the jalapeno; mash coarsely and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Arrange the potatoe halves cut side down on a baking sheet and lightly coat them with cooking spray; invert and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the stuffing among the potatoe halves, lightly coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with chili powder.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with remaining 1 tbsp yogurt and more chili powder.