Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Because everyone should grill potatoes on the barbecue.
- 4 potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- Heat up the barbecue on high to about 425 and then reduce to Medium Heat.
- Cut the potatoes in slices, about 1/3 inch thick.
- Lay them on a baking sheet a brush with half the oil.
- Flip the potatoes and brush the other side with the rest of the oil.
- Mix the spices, sugar and salt together.
- Sprinkle half of the spice mix on the potatoes.
- Flip the potatoes and sprinkle the other side of the potatoes with the rest of the spice mix.
- Grill on the barbecue, lid down, for about 10-15 minutes per side. They should be cripy on the outside and cooked through.
- Check them often for them not to roast too fast (crispy but not cooked) or too slow (overcooked but looking very sad) as the time and intensity depends a lot on your barbecue.
- This is also very good with sweet potatoes.
Bravo! I wrapped them in a foil tent and they were perfect Loved the unusal combo of spices. Poured ketchip all over (sorry I am a ketchup freak! and devoured! Cant wait to try this with sweet potatoes!