Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe. I shall be trying it out and then post any additional information if needs be. Feel free to try it out first and share your comments!
- 3 cups potatoes, cubed, Cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, Coarsley chopped
- 10 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice or 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- In skillet, cook bacon.
- Remove and drain.
- Pour off all but 3 T bacon fat, add onion and celery and stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Blend in flour.
- Add juice and vinegar, stirring until mixture thickens.
- Add sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Place potatoes, apples, and crumbled bacon in greased 1 1/2 qt casserole.
- Add skillet mixture, mixing lightly.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.
The combination of apple and potato in a warm salad had me curious...and this dish turned out very well. I will very likely make it again. It would go very well with pork chops or pork sausages.