Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
This is an adopted recipe. I shall be trying it out and then post any additional information if needs be. Feel free to try it out first and share your comments!
Top Review by Tomboy
The combination of apple and potato in a warm salad had me curious...and this dish turned out very well. I will very likely make it again. It would go very well with pork chops or pork sausages.
- 3 cups potatoes, cubed, Cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, Coarsley chopped
- 10 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice or 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook bacon.
- Remove and drain.
- Pour off all but 3 T bacon fat, add onion and celery and stir fry 1-2 minutes.
- Blend in flour.
- Add juice and vinegar, stirring until mixture thickens.
- Add sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Place potatoes, apples, and crumbled bacon in greased 1 1/2 qt casserole.
- Add skillet mixture, mixing lightly.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes.