Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Savory Hot potato salad I came up with this about 20 yrs ago after trying germon potato salad and did not like the vingegar, my family and friends can't get enough of it. I double the recipe when I make it. It is a favorite of my family
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 5 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Peel and dice potaoes.
- Boil until done, drain,set aside.
- In large skillet,melt 2tsp butter, add chopped onion.
- Add the flour, stir until thickened
- Add the half and half, stir until mixture thickens.
- Add salt , pepper and garlic salt.
- Reduce heat.
- Add 1 cup mayo and 1 tsp mustard.
- Spinkle bacon bits along with 2 tsp of bacon fat.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Spread in large casserole pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 1 hr or until bubbly.