Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my Grandmother's recipes. It was on her menu at her restaurant back in the 50's.
- 8 large potatoes, boiled in jackets
- 1⁄2 lb cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 stalks chopped celery (optional)
- Blend bacon drippings with flour with a fork or a whisk.
- In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, water, salt, sugar and mustard, mix very well.
- Add this to the drippings in your skillet and stir over medium heat until thick.
- Add the green onions and chopped bacon.
- Chop up the potatoes into the skillet.
- Heat and serve.