Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My son loves this, if hes coming to dinner, he asks,"Are you making that potato salad?"
- 10 -12 small new potatoes, scrubbed and boiled until tender
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 chopped spring onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- After potatoes are cooked, drain and set aside (keep warm).
- Combine sauce ingredients together in medium pot and heat through approx 5 minutes.
- Arrange potatoes in serving dish and pour sauce over.
Evie, this is the same Hot Potato Salad that is a favourite in our family. It is amazing how that heat of the potatoes releases the flavour of the mint. I find it a refreshing potato salad dish. Sometimes, I replace the whipping cream with light sour cream and use low fat mayo. If I am having a BBQ, I actually prepare all the ingredients on a tray and get my guests to finish the dish for me at the table. If people don't try this recipe, they will be missing out. Thank you for posting the recipe Evie. HUUUUUUUUUUGS form across the Tasman. ;-)