Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
This is my sister-in-law's recipe. The addition of green olives is what makes this potato casserole just a little different.
- 9 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup green olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Combine potatoes, mayonnaise, cheese, and onion, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Put into greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Top with bacon and olives.
- Bake 1 hour.
This is fantastic, took it to a family reunion and it was gone in a nanno second. Thanks for sharing. I love green olives, so I knew I'd love it. Thanks for sharing.
Oh wow, this was tasty. My family ate it all up in no time.
Great stuff! I love my olives and potatoes, so I knew I'd love this. I added a splash of milk just because I think my potatoes were a big larger than "medium." This is one of those dishes that could be used for breakfast/brunch, lunch or supper. I think frozen cubed hashbrowns could be used if you're short on time. I'll make this again. Thanx for the great new recipe!