Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe that I adopted in the Recipezaar restaurant give-away of Feb 2005. UPDATE: Having now made the recipe, I've pretty much left it intact. I myself used fresh basil and increased it to about 1 Tbs. I also left the potatoes unpeeled. I personally leave the salt out, but that's because of doctor's orders and most people probably will like it better as is. The original recipe said 1 bunch broccoli, broken into florets, but the updated Zaar computer program won't accept bunch as a measure, so I've changed how that's shown. I don't believe those changes are likely to affect the flavor much, though, so essentially it's the same recipe I started with. Enjoy!
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- 2 -3 stalks broccoli, broken into florets
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Cook potatoes until tender, then dice; cook broccoli until tender.
- Keep both hot.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil, stirring.
- Pour over the vegetables and toss gently. (May be served hot or cold.).
A very different recipe. I liked the lemon, especially on the broccoli. My husband found the lemon to be way too much. If I were to make it again I would either use fresh basil or cut the dried back. I did enjoy it. Thanks for sharing.
Wasn't very fussed on this. The whole family found it a bit to bitter from the lemon juice.
Very good, a great recipe for broccoli, I took Rita's advice and topped it off with green onions and also added in some chili flakes, great recipe echo, thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)