Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is something I found on a healthy living website and havn't tried it yet, but can't wait to
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely minced lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 15 pitted prunes
- 10 dried apricots, cut in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup polenta
- 4 cups lightly salt water
- Combine the orange juice, lemon juice, zest, cinnamon and honey in a medium sized saucepan and stir.
- Bring to a simmer on high heat and add prunes, and apricots.
- Turn the heat to lowest level.
- Simmer gently for about 10 minutes. Don't let prunes get too soggy.
- While prunes are simmering start cooking polenta by bringing lightly salted water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add polenta to boiling water slowly stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for about 15 minutes stirring to make sure it doesn't get lumpy.
- If it starts to get too thick add a little more hot water. You want it soft.
- Remove fruit from sauce with a slotted spoon to a shallow bowl and turn the heat to high.
- Reduce the liquid to about half.
- Return fruit and add walnuts to sauce and serve over bowl of polenta.