Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe I got from Taste of Home cooking magazine and I made it yesterday. It was a huge hit.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce (I used 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- tortillas or breadstick
- Combine cream cheese and seasonings.
- Spread in the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate. (I used a round cake pan). Combine cheeses and sprinkle half over the cream cheese layer.
- Spread sauce over that. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.Bake 350 for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm with breadsticks or tortilla chips.
- (I used pita triangles).
This was soooo good! I was worried about a too much cream cheese taste (used fat free light) but it blended nicely - my one son who has a slight aversion to cheese ate it up - I used finely chopped green pepper (red is too expensive and not needed for this) and Hormel mini pepperonis on top. Will def make this again - loved it!! thanks for the awesome recipe!!! :)
This was delish! I made this the morning of our family Christmas party and kept it covered in the refrigerator. Twenty minutes before our guests arrived, I popped it in the oven -- and it was hot and yummy when the party started! I followed the recipe exactly (using 1 cup of pizza sauce as recommended) and added some chopped pepperoni on top. We used sea salt pita triangles to dip and everyone loved it!
I too found this recipe in Taste of Home. Have made it many, many times for all kinds of occasions. The plate has never come home with even a trace of sauce. I usually add more pizza sauce than the recipe calls for, but that's just a personal preference. Couldn't find my recipe tonight, glad it was here....I need it for New Year's Eve-special request!