Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is always a hit with guests. It's layered with cheeses, pepperoni, and peppers, and can also be made in the crockpot.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄4 cup pepperoni, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, basil, and garlic powder. Spread the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Pour the pizza sauce on top of the cheese mixture. Top with the pepperoni, onions and green peppers. Bake for 10 minutes, remove and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with bread sticks or crackers.
Made two of these for a party - made one as written and the other omitted the pepperoni and subbed black olives and mushrooms. Both were fantastic!
Yummy! What a delicious dip! I prepared 1/2 of the recipe using red bell pepper as this is what I had on hand. Oh my, pizza on a chip :) I made my own chips using tortillas and they were just right with this dip. Perfect tasty pizza dip! Loved the flavor and it satisfied the pizza craving I had. Looking forward to trying it with breadsticks. A keeper and will definitely share. Thanks lazyme!
Seeing a recent review of this recipe, I clicked on it because it sounded interesting, and ... oops! ... realized I'd made it months ago and apparently never reviewed. (Sorry for the senior moment, lazyme!) I couldn't agree more that this is a sure-fire hit with any crowd. I made some herbed breadsticks and used Sam's Club's wonderful pizza sauce recipe (#114392). My guys devoured it!