Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe on the side of the box my bottle of Tequila Rose came in. It came with a really nice coffee mug. That's what made me buy it. Tequila Rose is a Strawberry Cream Liqueur with tequila in it. It is pink and creamy and quite tasty. You cannot taste the tequila in it. This is a hot chocolate drink that has a nice light strawberry taste to it. Cooking time is for boiling the water or heating the milk and is approximate. Recipe edited after a review.
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet powdered cocoa mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water or 1 1⁄2 cups hot milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces tequila rose liqueur
- whipped cream (optional)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Empty the packet of hot cocoa mix into a large coffee mug or coffee cup.
- Pour the boiling water or hot milk into the mug/cup and stir to mix.
- Pour the Tequila Rose into the hot chocolate and stir again.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings (optional.).
- Now sit back, relax and enjoy your hot drink.
Yummy! This was perfect for a cold rainy afternoon. Thanks for sharing AuntWoofie. We need our warm drinks in the Seattle area, lol. Made for Think Pink tag for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Chocolate and strawberry are one of my favorite combinations. I really enjoyed this treat! I did use water to mix the hot chocolate with but the liquor and whipped cream gave it quite a bit of creaminess. I used Baja Rose strawberry/tequila liquor. Thanks!
mmm, chocolate & strawberry, how can you go wrong, very tasty, thanks for posting!