A flair of Thai flavors, this chicken creation will stimulate those salivary glands. A quick, easy, nutritious original creation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken breast, skinned, cut into 1/2-inch sized cubes
- 1 small tomato, cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 serrano pepper, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh spinach, cut up into small pieces
- 1/2 lemon, peel and flesh minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon pickled beet juice (this makes the chicken "hot pink")
- 1Chop and cut everything first. Place in separate dishes.
- 2Heat skillet (I use cast iron) on medium heat until hot. Add olive oil, let get warm in pan for one minute or less. Add garlic, onions and in serrano peppers. Turn heat to medium low. Cook until onion is clear or before garlic gets brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Season chicken with soy sauce and lemon pepper. Mix together well. Turn heat back up to medium. Put the seasoned chicken in the skillet and cook chicken pieces in the oil that remained in the pan after cooking the garlic/onion/pepper mixture. Add more oil if needed. Cook until done. When the chicken is cooked through until there is no pink in the middle, add the pickled beet juice and stir until all the pieces are pink. Add the spinach, tomatoes and garlic/onion/pepper mixture back in with the chicken. Stir quickly to mix and remove immediately.
- 4Serve alone or on top of brown rice. This is a healthy and quick lunch for two to four. To cook ahead, do all the above steps, setting aside the spinach and the tomatoes to add when reheated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Pink! - a Spicy Chicken Dish
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 198.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemon pepper seasoning
pickled beet juice