Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like pineapple, this recipe is delicious! When you look at the recipe it looks extremely odd, but after you taste it you will be addicted. It can be used as a side-dish or possibly even dessert! This recipe is also very easy to make with little preperation. Recipe from Sally Jo Pokomy
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained with 6Tbsp juice reserved
- 1 cup cracker crumb (Ritz or same type)
- 8 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 350*. Spray medium sized casserole dish with non-stick spray. Drain pineapple juice reserving 6 tablespoons.
- In large bowl mix together sugar and flour. Add the cheese and pineapple chunks. Stir until blended. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- In medium frypan melt butter; add cracker crumbs and reserved juice. Stir until blended.
- Spread crumbs over top of casserole dish. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 5 mintues. Enjoy!
Doubled the cheese. Cracker crumbs look soggy at first but when baked they crisp up. Used crushed pineapple. May cut sugar in half next time%u2026 pretty sweet. served at Christmas dinner with ham then again at a Christmas brunch. Went over better at the brunch. Everyone enjoyed it as a side to sausage and bacon.