Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
The first time I saw this on a buffet table years ago I thought it would taste gross, BUT I loved it!
- 2 (878.83 g) can pineapple, tidbits-drained
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 88.74 ml flour
- 30 Ritz crackers, crackers-crushed
- 118.29 ml melted butter
- Drain pineapple.
- Mix cheese, flour and sugar together and add to pineapple.
- Place pineapple mixture into large square or rectangular greased casserole dish.
- Top mixture with cracker crumbs.
- Drizzle melted butter over crumb topping.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
Absolutely delicious! Made this dish for our pre-Easter dinner with family. This pineapple casserole went really well with our ham and other savory dishes. Great recipe - thanks for the post. Made for Spring PAC, April, 2012.
I was given this recipe by a friend years ago. I have used it as a side dish and as a dessert. It has always been well received. Each time I have taken it someplace, there is at least one person who wants the recipe. My family counts it among their favorites!