1/2 Photos of Hot Pickled Green Beans:
I enjoyed these when I was in New Orleans Garnishing a Bloody Mary and had to come home and duplicate them. They can also be enjoyed as a side. Having a nice kick to them. Nice for gift giving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup or 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups vinegar, 5% acidity
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seed
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 chile, sliced in 8 long strips
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/2 lbs string beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1In a small saucepan, over high heat, bring the first 9 ingredients to a boil, then turn off the heat, stirring until dissolved. Add the chilies and garlic. Remove from heat.
- 2Wash and trim the green beans. Bring a large pot of water with the 1 teaspoon salt to a boil over medium heat. Add the beans. Cook until the beans begin to turn bright green and are just tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and drain. Rinse immediately with cold water and put them in an ice bath for 10 minutes. Drain well.
- 3Pack beans in sterilized jars then cover with the vinegar mixture.
- 4Place lids and caps on cleaned rimmed jars.
- 5Process in a hot water bath for 5 minutes, remove and cool in a draft free spot for 24 hours.
- 6You can also put them in sterilized jars and refrigerate instead of doing the canning process. Let flavors meld for 1 week. Just keep under refrigeration and eat within 1 month.
- 7I canned 2 jars and the 3rd was what I had left over for munching which was refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Pickled Green Beans:
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 14.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 196.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: