Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
After a good deal of tweaking, I finally came up with a brine for hot pickled eggs where I don't have to allocate precious jar space to lots of pepper rings.
- 2 dozen eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 3 cups vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup hot chili sauce (Huy Fong Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce brand)
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- Place hard boiled and peeled eggs into a large sterilized glass jar.
- In large saucepan, combine vinegar, water, chili sauce, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour brine over eggs in the glass jar. Seal with lid. Let cool to room temperature and then transfer to the refrigerator and let pickle for at least 10 days (2 weeks is better), stirring once daily.
- If you have a large enough jar, you can use 3 dozen eggs instead of 2. There is plenty of brine for it.