Recipe by Cindy in PA.
This is a great Beer drinking food! Also a low carb snack! Sometimes I use different vinegars, and I substitute the bologna with hot dogs!
Top Review by Roostertodd
I love this recipe..A PA Dutch Classic!!!! Now I don't have to drive out PA to spend $5.00 on a jar!!!the only thing I did different was no cayenne & substituted Korean red pepper powder. Awesome!!!!
- 1 lb bologna (trail or garlic, your choice of)
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional) or 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar