Recipe by lazyme
From Cooking Light, this soup is good but rather spicy. If you don't care for spicy, I'd recommend cutting back on the spicy ingredients.
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 16 ounces pinto beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a medium saucepan with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; saute 3 minutes.
- Add chili powder and all other ingredients except beans; bring to a boil.
- Stir in half of the beans, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Place soup in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth.
- Return to pan; stir in remaining beans.
- Cook until thoroughly heated.