Recipe by silky
This dip always gets raves when I serve it, so I serve it often. Not a problem. It's very easy to make up.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 cups aged cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, coarsely grated
- 3 tablespoons beer
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 green chilies, seeded and chopped (or to taste)
- Tabasco sauce
- deep-fried corn tortillas or corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick pan, melt butter and saute garlic until soft.
- Do not allow garlic to brown.
- Add cheeses and cook, stirring, over medium heat until cheeses are melted.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, adding pepper sauce until cheese has a slightly spicy taste.
- Serve dip hot with the corn tortillas or corn chips.
- This dip can be made in advance and reheated at a very low setting, stirring constantly.